Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Still An Innocent
"It's alright, just wait and see, your string of lights is still bright to me, oh, who you are is not where you've been, you're still an innocent. It's okay, life is a tough crowd, 32, and still growin' up now. Who you are is not what you did. You're still an innocent." Growing up is just about the hardest task that life throws at you. Each year passes and you get excited to finally be independent, but it's not as great as it seems. Sure it's nice to live on your own, have no curfew, and basically do whatever you want. But then there's also the baggage that comes with it. The pressure to be successful, the need for money, and the emotional stress. Life is moving so fast and there's no reversing it. Remember those days when the most exciting thing to happen during the day was recess? When all you wanted was to get home to play with your barbies? The only excitement that I have right now is if I somehow manage to get a good grade on something or if I have alcohol in my possession. Even then, I still find myself worrying about a million things when I attempt to fall asleep at last night. I'm one of those people that overanalyzes everything at all times. Whether it's a text message with a period at the end, or a "rude" stare from someone that I don't even know, I let it upset me. I worry my life away instead of enjoying the good things. So I found myself listening to this Taylor Swift song the other night and it brought back memories of being a kid and having no worries. There were no boys to rain on my parade, the only money that I needed was monopoly money, and my biggest success was climbing to the top of the jungle gym. It's important to accept responsibility as we grow older, but just because I'm 19 doesn't mean I can't settle in for a date night with Aladdin. From now on, don't "worry", just take out your stress on some Hulkhands. No matter where you've been or where you're going, deep down you're still an innocent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment