Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Never let go
So I'm gonna start this one off a little differently than usual. There's not a specific quote or song that inspired these thoughts, just my heart I guess. There are so many great people, places, and values that we come across in life. Whether it's a best friend or a favorite picture, we latch onto them like a leech. When we truly care about these things, we can't give them up, no matter what. Even if it takes a tough fight and some blood, sweat, and tears. These are our dreams, our miracles, our saviors. Without them, we could never survive. Our families and friends are at the top of the list. But then comes our education, our careers, and our desires. Right now, as a sophomore in college, it is easy to get distracted and forget the main reason of why I'm here, in this apartment, at school in Blacksburg, Virginia. I'm here to study, to do well, and to achieve my goals. However, sometimes I find myself worrying way too much about what I'm going to do this weekend, who I'm going to hang out with, what I'm going to drink, and of course, which guy is going to talk to me. I get way too caught up in worrying about these stupid things that my goals seem as though they've faded away. Yes, it's necessary to have fun every once in awhile, but it's extremely important to stay focused on your dreams, because without my education, I'll never get where I want to go. So I guess what I'm trying to say is keep hold of what you want and never let go. Don't let the little things get in the way of the big things. But remember to maintain balance. Have fun, go out to parties, hang out with your friends, hang out with guys (the good ones at least), and allow yourself some time to relax. But keep your priorities straight and keep your head in the game. Don't ever stop caring, because as soon as you do, your whole world will come crumbling down. So hold on tight, and NEVER let go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment